Tonight’s the night! At 7:30 p.m. EST Sunday evening join Bishop Steve for an hour of live chat to discuss Brian McLaren’s book “Everything Must Change.”
Read the book? Drop in and share your thoughts. There in no log-in or special know-how to join the chat.
From 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. tonight join us here: http://drop.io/bishopsbookclub/chat
To read the comments published about the book so far, please click on the book club link directly above this post.
Six members of your diocesan staff tested the drop.io chat feature out on Friday and it went very well (and was pretty fun!) That test run has prompted up to offer the suggestions listed below.
1. When you arrive you’ll see all the people in the chat room listed on the left side. You’ll initially be described like this: “Guest1234 (you) edit”. Click on “edit” then type your first name and click save.
2. You enter your comments by typing them in the text line at the bottom of the page.
3. It’s perfectly fine to “listen” in without participating. We simply ask that you please change your name from “Guest” so we know you’re among us.
4. This is Chat 101, so if you’re an experienced chatter please don’t use acronyms or shortcuts for phases that not everyone will know or recognize.
5. Please turn the cap lock off. Otherwise, IT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR SHOUTING AT EVERYONE.
6. Please stay on topic. Tonight we’re talking about Brian McLaren’s book, “Everything Must Change.”
7. The transcript of the conversation will not be saved in any form. Shortly after 8:30 p.m. when the live chat ends, it will evaporate into cyberspace.
8. And this is important: Tonight’s live chat is the Diocese of Maine’s first time out with this method of communicating. It may be fun and go off without a hitch. It may be glitchy and frustrating. It may be a little of both. We just don’t know, but we appreciate you joining with Bishop Steve in exploring new ways of sharing our life as Maine Episcopalians.
Canon for Communications and Social Justice